Level of Success
- 4,767 Practitioners registered in Nigeria.
- 187 Nigerian practitioners registered in Europe and America.
- 12 schools of social work inspected and accredited in Nigeria.
- Commenced indexing of students in 7 schools.
- Trained 7,900 social workers on CPD programmes in Nigeria.
- Trained 86 practitioners on international programmes in UK.
- Provided books and educational support to all schools in Sagbonkoji community in Amuwo Odofin LGA, Lagos State.
- Trained education counsellors in selected private schools in Lagos.
- Trained Directors of Social Welfare in all LGAs in 19 States.
- Established and maintained 36 Zonal Chapters nationwide
- Submitted Bill for a Charter to the Senate and House of Representatives concurrently in 2013.
- The Bill for a Charter passed through National Assembly and forwarded for President’s assent in 2019.
- Successfully carried out rehabilitation and reintegration of fistula clients in 5 states in Nigeria with Engenderhealth and USAID in 2018
Funding and Finances
- ISOWN is financed by member’s subscriptions.
- Donations from BOD, Council and other social and kind hearted Nigerians.
- Fund generated from capacity development programmes.
- Members of Council and Management are all Volunteers.
- Administration is on zonal basis.
- Zonal Coordinators are state vocal persons.
- State Chapters are supervised by State Zonal Coordinators.
The Institute is continually grateful to them.